I've set up static Brotli compression on my site.read more
favicon.icorequests now return HTTP 204 instead of HTTP 404.
I've set up CSS minification and cache busting on the site.read more
I've enabled TLSv1.3 and caching for the site.read more
kurtmckee.org now uses HTTP/2, HTTP Strict Transport Security, OCSP stapling, and TLSv1.2. Also, I've set up CAA on my DNS.read more
Yikes, it's been almost five years since I last posted about moving my blog back to a self-hosted site! Time really flies.
Anyway, my site is up and running again! I've got a lot of important things handled already:
- The site is encrypted using Let's Encrypt certificates.
- Entries from LiveJournal …
With basically ten lines of code and a trivial template modification I've added support for multiple categories to Pelican. I'll make the code freely available soon. I expect to finalize the migration soon.
Speaking of which, perhaps I should have called this post series "migration" instead of "moving". I've gotten …read more
Good news! I have almost 200 blog entries spanning eight years "imported" into Pelican (really, I have almost 200 text files on a USB drive). I've even written code that automatically converts in-blog links from LiveJournal URL's to the new URL scheme. I really need multiple categories, though, in part …read more
I misspoke, apparently: the Unicode problem in the first tool was stemming from something weird going on with the xmlrpclib.Binary.decode() function. Extracting the raw utf-8 data and decoding that gets me the data I expect. New problem: some of my entries are not fully HTML. The paragraphs are …read more
Page 1 / 2 »